Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reflections

I like days like these. Makes me happy. Makes me feel that, in the midst of all chaos-ness, there are fleeting moments to cherish.

We were all up at the crack of dawn. Made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Kicked Daddy out the door by 7.30am with Ash crying her eyes out cos she wanted to follow him to work. But all was calm when I put on some clean clothes and promptly took her outside for a walk. Despite repeated warnings of haze and the hazardous environment we are currently experiencing, I thought “What harm can a 30 minute outdoor activity do?”. I was right. It did more good than harm.

Ash spent the entire 30 minutes playing with the pails and the gigantic water storage we have in our front-yard. She has seen me watering the plants and was determined to do it by herself. Not that she was actually getting any water onto the plants but she tried.

I “tricked” her back into the house with a basket of clothes-pegs and it works every time. She sat on the floor, with her clothes soaked, playing for 5 minutes before being ushered to the bathroom for her shower.

I've come to accept that I am now entering a new phase in this whole mommy-hood gig. And I thought I'd never last. For one thing, we've packed away her play-pan. Ash has no further need for it and frankly, so do we (more space for adult stuff). A sign for many more? I should think so cos next, will be replacing her cot with a toddler bed.

It's great to be part of this..part of such a transition in someone's life. I don't think I am the world's greatest mom but right now, I sure feel like the world's most contended mom.




3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

You are entering a really fun and exciting phase (err..tired too)..hehehehehe.

Tina said...

like the sound of the water storage thingy. i wanna play too lol

uw and bacon and eggs mmmm yours for breakfast next time i think

Sandra Carvalho said...

Awww!How lovely!...I feel kinda sad when I face the fact that my baby is growing older...
xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP