Saturday, April 5, 2008

Jenny McCarthy

I may have babbled on and on in my last post to an extent where I don't even know whether I sound cohesive or not. The actress I was talking about, who was on Oprah and whose child had autism, is Jenny McCarthy and her recent book is called "Jenny McCarthy-Louder Than Words". Anyway, here is something I found while browsing through the net and basically, summarizes how she feels about the whole MMR vaccine and autism.

OK, I don't want to dampen anyone's weekend but well, I am just saying, that we should all be aware at least. At times, when it comes to things so relevant such as health care and prevention, we can't just say that “its better not to know” or “there is no use for such information cos we are not doctors, so lets leave it to our doctors”. For our kids' sake, I feel, we have to “know” and with some information, we can, at the very least, have a more fruitful discussion with our medical practitioner.

As for me, I am so definitely gonna bring this up to my paed in 2 months' time, just to get her point of view and whatever she has to say about this. Not that I regret allowing Ash to be vaccinated but more of, I wished I knew about this sooner rather than now. I guess I was so caught up with all the usual feel good parenting books, that I neglected to find out more about other issues which are equally important.

Sigh- Alright, enough of this cos I have been looking and pondering about this for the past 2 days now. Its crazy being a parent isn't it? I need a mental break. I'm off now to watch the follow-up episode of Kimora and her house hunting escapade. She gave her realtor 3 days to find her the 'perfect' house in LA otherwise, the deal is off. Man, his bollocks must be frozen even from Beverly Hills heat. Just a pity that he can't just pick any house from a sign that says “land for sale Branson!" Tough!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP