Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Essentials

I'm just wondering, we SAHMs have a lot to deal with at home. I remembered someone once told me that (this was before I had Ash) "once the window (period) is gone, ITS GONE!!" And I actually said "Why not have some kind of schedule or something?". Come to think of it, at that time, I don't think I know what was gonna hit me. We can plan, plan and plan but at the end of the day, I just feel that we'd end up back to square one - back to nothing virtually.

On top of that, most of us SAHMs are pretty industrious in that on top of blogging, we found a way to get that extra $$$ to fund our shopping needs . This kinda adds on to the pile of work we have to do all day. Again, I'm wondering, if we are or can be considered as WAHM? A full-fledged WAHM.

If we are considered as a full-fledged WAHMs, what would we need apart from our notebook? Probably a work/home schedule. Maybe sitting down and setting up one is not so difficult as having to stick to it, like a school time-table or something. Since we are going to be working, we also need to 'feel' like we are in a work environment, don't we? Otherwise with the messy living room with our notebook, it can easily be a de-motivating factor.

The tricky part comes down to clothes. When we are working, we may want to dress the part too. Most of us are not appropriately dressed when we are at home anyways. When I say that, I
meant we are usually with a simple T and shorts if we are not out. But then, how do we dress for "work" then? I can't be wearing my suit and heels when giving Ash a bath, isn't it?

So, I have narrowed down to :

1. A practical work/home schedule

2. Office Furniture

3. Work clothes. Although, this is quite optional.

As for me, I haven't got any of the above. Nothing even remotely close. Most of my clothes and heels are now with my sister. If you are a WAHM or consider yourself one, do you have them?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP