Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baseball

This sport is only famous in 2 countries, namely, the US and Japan. Yet the sport has a World series. That got me thinking? How could a sport be classified as World when basically only 2 countries play it? Puzzled? Well, so am I.

If you have ever played baseball, its actually a pretty fun game. It can get brutal. Why? Well, when the person batting, accidentally hits your head with a baseball bat while at it, you are as good as gone. Overall, its a fun game. You can really get excited playing the sport. Again, like soccer, there is really nothing you need except a couple of your friends, a couple of baseballs and Baseball Bats . Oh yes, and a very large football field.

I remembered back in the States (again), we would have our very own version of baseball. As you may have guessed, I was lousy at it. I run like a snail and hit the 'wind' most of the time. Why do you think there were no rules? If there was, I would've lost the team mega points. But I did hit a 'home-run' though, once. Its worth something at least but we still lost. Then again, winning wasn't the most important thing as long as we had fun playing it. I mean, we weren't exactly competing for the World series now, were we? *rolls eyes*

1 comment:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm from Canada and we grew up playing baseball in the summer and hockey in the winter. My kids love playing baseball and they can't wait until spring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP