Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Holidays

Today is our national public holiday. Only for today, all goods at the mall are 50% off and this will last till 12 midnight tonight. So, hurry down to your nearest supermarket and grab them before they disappear. One would actually think “that” when you see the number of cars lining up heading towards the mall this morning. I tell you, at 11 am, piles and heaps of vehicles of all sizes lining up from all directions to the traffic lights turning into the shopping complex today. It is as though they were giving things away for free.

Why didn't I join in then and what was I doing at 11 am this morning, just looking at the cars? I will tell you..in a bit.

I mentioned that I didn't feel too well last night. Felt like a cold about to burst. Popped a panadol and hit the sack. This morning, felt much better, though still sleepy but better. After fussing about the baby, we left the house at 9.30am to send the kiddo to my MIL's place cos I needed to take my hubby to the doctors. He lost his voice. I drove all the way from MIL's place in PJ to Jalan Pudu opposite Puduraya, a clinic there called Poliklinik Perubatan (Puduraya) is quite good. The last time when my hubby caught the mighty flu virus which lasted for 2 weeks and our family doctor couldn't save him, we went to this KL clinic. Immediately after consuming the first dose of medicine, he felt better. When something works, you just have to go back.

I waited for him in the car where I parked outside the clinic cos if you are familiar with that area, there is just no parking space and you have no choice but to double park. Risking your life and your car's, as big express buses with F1 drivers will zoom past your car faster than you can say a prayer. Honest. When I was there, I counted, 5 buses zoomed passed me and I swear, each time it happened, I just closed my eyes. Not only did I have to contend with the buses, there were taxis. These taxis were not only fast but aggressive. They will not hesitate to squeeze in between you and another taxi on the same lane!! Lastly, the people. People crossing the road. Even though the traffic lights had turned green for us vehicles, they will cross at snail’s pace. I was even shown the "finger" by a little boy as he crossed the road with his mother even though they were not supposed to. I didn't do anything ok. I was merely trying to inch forward indicating to them that it is green and it is my right to go. If it were up to me and if there were no laws stating that I can't hit a human being, I would've just rammed into all those people who cannot see the STOP sign for them and the GO sign for us.

Since I am posting this up, I’m sure you know that I am back home. The hubs is asleep and I have put on another pile of dirty clothes for washing and hung the already finished laundry out to dry. It isn’t really what I had in mind for a perfect day out in the sun but as a consolation to myself, I feel, I had a far more exciting adventurous morning than those folks entering the malls as we speak.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. :-)

Whenever I come to KL, I was under the impression KL drivers are damn 'gheng'. I've seen those KL jam and the kamikaze drivers zipping in and out of the line. I told my hubby I'll never ever drive in KL.

Hahahah reading your post, I now know KL drivers are just human, they do have fears.. lol

Anonymous said...

I think I just came out from my cave. What only for today all goods are 50% off? Is there such a thing?

Man, I hate Puduraya area. And you're rite, not only do u have to deal with those buses and taxis, u also have to deal with those damn pedestrians.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hope your hubs is feeling better now :) yes....I also would like to know why there are 50% discounts on goods today? ;D

Puduraya is like a war zone. Never like to go there unless really need too :D Not only am I afraid of the traffic, there are many weirdos too...hehehhe

moms tales said...

Helen : Thanks but as of today, still not recovered yet. Hey, ya man, scared like shit!! lol

Adrian : No la, what I meant was, seeing those cars, you would think they are giving away freebies or half price of everything.

Ditto on the pedestrians...&^&%*(*

Mum2Chum : Thanks..Hehhe..same explanation to Adrian..kekek..
Yeah man, I also dun want to go but no choice, hubs is sick. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP